We are hiring!
Darkes Glenbernie Orchard is a 6th generation family orchard located in Darkes Forest, south of Sydney. Our stonefruit and apples we grow on site are recognised by our customers as being fresh, delicious and flavoursome. We also produce delicious ciders, meads and vinegars, and have an on-site retail outlet + cellar door, The Apple Shack. At the Apple Shack, we pride ourselves on being ‘not just a shop’. We have a customer first mentality, delivering an educational and personalised experience to every visitor. We are quickly growing and becoming a recognisable tourist destination, particularly through the harvest season (November-April) where customers can come and experience picking their own fruit.
We are now hiring exceptional casual staff for the Apple Shack retail outlet/cellar door.
Does this sound like you?
You have a passion for providing exceptional customer service for our local community, with a genuine love for ‘people’. Your friends would say you are approachable, warm and friendly. You conduct yourself in a professional manner, and are reliable, punctual and trustworthy. You are dynamic, flexible and proactive, and you are able to remain calm in the midst of a stressful situation. You are a fast learner and are a clear communicator.
- Serve customers in our retail outlet using Vend software
- Handle both cash and EFTPOS transactions
- Open and close the Apple Shack shop
- Re-stock both produce and other stock as needed to maintain a stunning display
- Ability to work as both part of a team or individually to provide an exceptional on-farm experience for our valued customers
- Willingness to participate in some farm work in order to gain an understanding of farm operations
- Build an understanding of our products, explain and recommend them to customers
- Educate our customers and answer questions about our fruit, our cider and our farm
- Use a pallet jack or trolley to move pallets or boxes of fruit and cider
- Receive and pack fruit orders for pickup by local businesses
- Receive and pack online orders ready for shipment
- Potential for event work or expansion into an orchard experience leader role
- Maintain a COVID-Safe environment as per our COVID Safety Plan
- Current RSA qualification (or willing to undertake)
- Retail experience
- Current driver's licence with own transport to/from work
- Physically fit to lift boxes of fruit/cider and work on your feet
- Proficient English language skills
- Basic computer, email and word processing skills
- A genuine love for cider, food and fruit
- Forklift licence
- Farm experience or experience in a regional or country area
Hours of work will vary, however core hours are between 8.30am to 5pm.
The Apple Shack is open 7 days. Work will be available on weekdays, and also involves some weekend work.