Frequently Asked Questions
What are your opening hours?
When is the best time to visit?
Can I walk through the orchard?
When is Apple season?
Apple picking season is between late January and late April. There are many apple varieties and they are picked in different months. Apples do however store very well, and we have them available in The Apple Shack from late January through to December.
When is peach/nectarine season?
When can I pick fruit?
- Nectarines: usually begin mid-November and go through to mid-December.
- Peaches: usually begin with yellow peaches just after mid-November, and go through until mid-late December. White peaches usually begin late December and are harvested until mid-January.
- Apples: Usually begin late January and different varieties are harvested until late April.
Can I bring a group to pick fruit?
Do you have a cafe?
Can I book a table?
Our tables are mostly a first-in-best-dressed system. If you would like to ensure a table availability you can call The Apple Shack between 10am-4:00pm and reserve a table for a free here.
I visited before and want to buy something that’s not on your website ?
If you’d like to buy something we stock in the Apple Shack and it’s not on our website, please call The Apple Shack between 10:00am and 4:00pm and we can arrange for shipment.
(02) 4294 3421
How do I store my fruit?
Do you have any other fruits/vegetables?
Do you have accommodation?
What else is there to do in the area?
- A short walk across the road to the beautiful Maddens Falls
- Other bushwalks in the area
- Symbio Wildlife Park
- Visit one (or many) of Wollongong’s gorgeous beaches
- Illawarra Fly Visit
- Local cafes